Korean Snail Mask – Missha Snail Slime Essence Mask Review
MISSHA Skin Essential Cotton Sheet Mask- SNAIL!!
Yes. SNAIL SLIME EXTRACT! Snail masks is one of the most popular skincare items in Korea and among Korean women all around the world. Is it worth the hype? Read on to find out!
Snail Slime Extract delivers moisture and improvement with 100% cotton sheet mask!
Snail Slime Extract contains astounding life force and it will make your dry skin moist, tired and damaged skin will feel alive and healthy as if you've had a very good sleep.
Directions according to package (I am translating it for you completely because the English translation on the package is missing quite a few details):
1. After washing your face (use a mild cleanser), apply and prep your skin with toner. (ALWAYS use toner right after washing your face. Toner will balance your skin and help absorb everything else you put on afterwards- see my previous blog post about the importance of toners)
2. Spread the sheet mask evenly over the face. Fold the sheet over the bottom eye. This double sheet on the bottom eye really helps you to spread out the sheet to cover all the areas below the eyes. Many other masks don't have this feature.
3. Leave the mask on for 15-20 minute.
4. After taking the mask off, gently pat/massage the excess serum onto your face. (I say massage it onto your neck and chest as well).
What to do after taking the mask off? Here's my experience and advice.
Let the excess serum get absorbed onto your face. I left my face alone for about 15 minutes and everything was absorbed and my skin was left feeling very moist,soft, plump, and revived. I had massaged the excess serum onto my neck, chest, and hands, and they all felt divine as well. I didn't feel the need to wash my face or apply any other products on my face.
So I recommend using this mask at night when you have plenty of time. That way you can just go to sleep and let all these amazing ingredients soak into your face.
The package says in English "For external use only. Do not swallow. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes."
But the Korean version has so much more to tell you. Here's my translation:
1. Stop using the product if any of these symptoms occur after using the mask. If you continue using the mask, these problems will get worse so you must seek medical attention. Appearance of red dots on the area it was applied, swelling, itching. Or appearance of these symptoms with contact with sunlight.
2. Do not apply on wounded areas or areas with open sores.
3. Keep out of reach of children. Do not store in high or low tempreatures or in areas with direct sunlight. Use the mask soon after it is opened so the contents don't dry up.
4. Avoid contact with eyes.